OCTOBER 03: VIRTUAL RUN/WALK LET'S SUPPORT THOSE IN NEED OF TREATMENT AND EDUCATE OUR COMMUNITY
Posted over 2 years ago by Camille Dyer
PLEASE JOIN US....OUR TEAM NAME-- PALS: PHYSICIAN ASSISTANTS LENDING SUPPORT
THEY NEED OUR SUPPORT
Additional race information can be found at https://runsignup.com/sister2sister5krunwalk4life.
Sisters 5K Run/Walk 4Life Goes Virtual on Oct. 3, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has put the brakes on public events – but it will not stop Sister2Sister from celebrating our 20th Anniversary with special edition limited t-shirts in celebration of our 20th year. Sister2Sister virtual walk will still bring people “together” to celebrate survival and raise critical funds to support underserved women in treatment and to educate women on the importance of mammograms in order to improve our community’s breast cancer outcomes. While we love to gather on the First Saturday in October, we won’t put even just one life in harm’s way by having our standard event this year.
The moment you register for Sister2Sister Virtual Walk 4Life, you join us on an empowering journey of supporting underserved women with breast cancer and bettering our community… of celebration and memories. S2S Virtual Walk experience offers everyone fun, meaningful opportunities to help keep our mission "pressing" forward! Take action—register today by:
· Registering yourself and family members for only $20 per adult and $15 per youth/college student. Early registrations end June 30th and the price will increase to $35 for adults and $25 per youth/college student and seniors.
· Starting a team with your family and friends... or from your workplace, neighborhood or special interest group.
· Donating in memory or celebration of a loved one.
· Fundraising to give others the opportunity to help save lives too. All registrants that register by September 1st are guaranteed a 20th Anniversary Special Edition t-shirt. Also, if each registrant Donates $100 they will receive a 20th Anniversary Special Remembrance Gift. (Limit 100 - 20th Anniversary Special Gift).
And don’t forget: registration is required for you to enjoy the full range of the Virtual Walk experience —and it kicks off your support in helping us raise critical dollars to save lives. **Note: if you registered before the COVID-19 pandemic, your registration has automatically transferred to the Virtual Walk; you do not need to re-register**
Suggestions for the Virtual 5K Run/Walk 4Life:
You can walk in your house
You can walk with your family
You can walk at your own time
You can walk at your own speed
The 5K Virtual Run/Walk is our way of refusing to let the COVID-19 pandemic put our lifesaving work “on pause.” While we may not be able to walk as one enormous group at Colonial Park this year, we will keep on pressing from the safety of our own homes and neighborhoods—and engage with each other throughout the day by sharing our experiences on social media! Our virtual event on October 3rd will be filled with ways for all participants to feel a tremendous sense of community, celebration and empowerment while doing so in a way that protects your health and well being.
So, once you register you have a ton of flexibility to choose when, where, how long and with whom you walk on October 3rd. Walk inside, outside, on your treadmill, around your yard, through your neighborhood—as long as you do it safely (observing guidelines for social distancing and wearing masks) the sky’s the limit! Help us create the best virtual experience for everyone—including you!
While registering and fundraising for our Virtual Walk is how you will support Sister2Sister's Breast Cancer Assistance Program, supporting underserved women during treatment. Sharing your activities, inspirations, joy and celebration with our entire community on October 3rd is also key to ensuring our event is memorable and successful for everyone. We encourage every participant to:
· Visit our Facebook and Instagram pages throughout the day to be inspired by live video, photos and comments from your fellow virtual walkers.
· Share your videos, photos and messages from your walk on our Facebook and Instagram pages; share on your own pages too
Now you can fundraise through Facebook and automatically have donations added to your Walk campaign!
A Facebook fundraiser is a convenient, effective and fast way to give friends the opportunity to help you support our cause by making a donation.
Raise $100 and wear your Sisters Special Limited Edition 2020 Celebration T-shirt and your Special 20th Anniversary Remembrance Gift with pride! Registered participants who raise $100 will be recognized on our site.
· Limited-Gifts! Special remembrance gifts are available for participants who submit $100 in fundraising.
· Donate $100 to yourself, have friends donate a total of $100 to your fundraising or a combination of both!
· Pick-up dates for t-shirts will be September 22 & 24 from 11am to 1pm & 6pm to 7pm and on Sunday, 9/27 from 12:30 to 1:30pm.
For this year only, t-shirts may be mailed for an additional $7.50.