2016 AAPA Joint Task Force on the Future of PA Practice Authority
Stay informed by checking the official website!
"In developing its report and recommendations, the Task Force should:
- Understand and document the current federal, state, and employer context of the practice authority of PAs, APRNs, and other relevant healthcare providers.
- Obtain input and/or feedback from PA stakeholders.
- Develop or select appropriate terms and definitions for different types of PA practice authority.
- Consider and describe what, if any, limitations or requirements should be established for PAs under the Task Force’s recommended PA practice authority (i.e., differences for primary care PAs vs. surgical PAs, contingent upon number of years practicing or number of years practicing in a specialty, etc.).
- Consider and describe the potential benefits of its recommendations for PAs, patients, PA employers, as well as any potential risks and obstacles that should be taken into account (i.e., malpractice insurance)."