The Botox® and dermal filler training course is designed as a one-day course for medical professionals. The course begins with an intensive and thorough lecture session and is followed by clinical hands-on training. You will gain real life experience by performing live model consultations, creating treatment plans and performing Botox and dermal filler injections all under the guidance of an experienced instructor. Models and product are provided. Each course has a maximum of 8 attendees, so you can expect a personalized training experience. Approved for 9.75 AAFP Prescribed credits.
This event offers
9.75 CME credits
Accreditation Info: This event offers 9.75 CME credits to attendees. Accreditation Info: This Live activity, Basic Botulinum Toxin-A and Dermal Filler Training, from 04/01/2023 – 03/31/2024, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 9.75 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed credit, not as Category 1...
Interested In Attending This Event?
Additional Registration Information:
The Botox® and dermal filler training course is designed as a one-day course for Physicians (MD & DO), Nurse Practitioners (NP), Registered Nurses (RN), Physician Assistants (PA), and Dentists (DDS & DMD). The Botox course for medical professionals includes a didactic and hands-on training session. Attendees receive a Certificate of Training upon successful completion of the course. Approved for 9.75 AAFP Prescribed credits.
Each Botox® and dermal filler training course has a maximum of 8 attendees. This intimate course setting allows the instructor to spend individualized time with each attendee. The instructor is available to answer attendee’s questions and to share years of experience with botulinum toxin and dermal filler products and procedures. Attendees will learn the pearls gained from the instructor’s experience including seeing what works, having off-label expertise, and ensuring client satisfaction.
The Botox® and dermal filler training course begin with an intensive and thorough lecture session where you will:
- Review facial anatomy
- Discuss the history and pharmacology of Botox® Cosmetic, Dysport®, Jeuveau, Xeomin® and dermal fillers
- Go over reconstitution techniques for Botox® Cosmetic, Dysport® and Jeuveau & Xeomin®
- Understand client selection and preparation
- Learn the indications, contraindications, and treatment techniques for each area and/or product
- Examine possible side effects and after-treatment protocols
During this time, you will discuss and learn the fundamentals of performing injections with Botulinum Toxin for the glabellar region (frown lines, nasal wrinkles), frontalis (horizontal forehead lines), bunny lines, crow’s feet area, and brow lift procedures. You will learn the fundamentals of performing injections with dermal fillers for lip enhancement, lip augmentation, marionette lines (corner of the mouth), nasolabial folds (smile lines and/or laugh lines), and midface volumization (cheek enhancement).
- Discuss the goals of aesthetic procedures including the types of aging and how the skin changes as it ages
- Increase knowledge of facial anatomy in reference to injectable procedures including facial muscles and understanding the layers of the skin
- Information on the history, mechanism of action, and safety of Botulinum Toxin-A
- Discuss the proper preparation and reconstitution techniques for Botulinum Toxin-A
- Examine Botulinum Toxin-A dosage and injection techniques for the glabellar region, frontalis, bunny lines, crows feet area, and brow lift procedures
- Understand the use and role of dermal fillers
- Analyze the hyaluronic acid classification methods, common areas of use, and depth of injection for hyaluronic acid dermal fillers
- Understand the types and uses of the most common hyaluronic acid dermal fillers in the United States
- Examine dermal filler techniques and injection methods for lip enhancement, lip augmentation, marionette lines, nasolabial folds and midface volumization.
- Discuss types of anesthesia
- Understand common complications that may occur with Botulinum Toxin-A and/or dermal filler injections and how to manage these complications with proper safety protocols
- Evaluate correct patient selection criteria, the importance of medical history review, and elements of a successful aesthetic patient consultation
- Learn how to explain pre-care, post-care, risks, and side-effects and from there create a comprehensive treatment plan
- Establish and exhibit successful skills in performing live model consultations
- Demonstrate correct injection methods and techniques for Botulinum Toxin-A and dermal fillers